Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

5th Grade Finds


The recent study of the “Revolutionary War” led me to the title “Storyteller” by Patricia Reilly Giff. My 5th grade sweetheart has also been into rescue/animal stories, and “A Dog’s Way Home” seems to fit the bill. As for videos, she watched “When Zachary Beaver Came to Town,” after first reading the book. I watched part of it with the kids and was touched by the sincerity of the characters (the children of course!). They captured a  telling moment in expressing truth, maybe not quite as tactfully, but at least the truth was told. For both educational and entertainment value we’ll watch the documentary “Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingo.” I expect to be about as enthralled as I was with “The March of the Penguins.”  Which was, not so much.

No comments: