Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

John Grisham's "Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer"


So I'm on a mystery mission & have started basic informational questions for "Theodore Boone:  Kid Lawyer."  It's a challenge to find mysteries that aren't saturated with crime or negativity.  The document I created is largely intended for teachers (4th-6th grade) and is a starting place for discussion questions or to make up a workbook.  If you can't open the document through 4shared, let me know in a comment and I'd be happy to email it for use.  I appreciated how "Theodore Boone:  Kid Lawyer" contained a lot of background on the court system and defining of legal terms.  The story did end quickly, and it leaves the desire of a sequel.  Yet in many ways, I think this book serves as a good learning experience. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My son and I got the book from a friend. My 9-year-old son read it in one day. He states he "loved the depth, the intelligence and how they didn't leave anything out." He also remarks that he liked the cliff-hanger aspect. He feels this is a good book for "mature readers from 9-15." He defines mature as someone who "is not afraid of a murder mystery and is willing to process some legal facts." He feels it's a good choice for readers who liked Percy Jackson, The Red Pyramid and Harry Potter.

Mica
Sprinkler Systems Olympia WA click here