Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Summer Routine

I'm pretty sure the word of God is keen on rewards...not to the point of sacrificing our humility - but I'm talking kids here, so hopefully you're with me! For the sake of those mamas starting off summer with early elementary age, these ideas may be of benefit. If you're at the same stage or above, add a few of your own practices to keep mind-mush from settling in!

We do -
3 worksheets in the morning, front and back, each packet gets stickers when complete
End on Thursday with a matching prize on Friday (like every child gets a coupon for Cherry Berry)

For reading -
Along with the library, I order a book tracking bulletin board
For attitude -
Yes, I'm trying to smile while I type this ;)  I was surprised at the fact that only my child could recite Phil. 2:14-16 at church. (see below) So, if they keep a positive attitude for the week, they choose among a few options.  Some include:

Pillow fight, date with mom/dad, no meal duty tomorrow, choice of breakfast cereal, swap a chore with mom, visit the pet store, 30 minutes computer time, walk after dark, stay up 30 minutes later, 50 cent allowance bonus, pick a special fruit at the grocery store, tickle fight


Phil.2:14-16 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.

No comments: