Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An Amy Krouse Rosenthal Book to Read!

Here it is..."This Plus That:  Life's Little Equations" bye Amy Krouse Rosenthal.  She has successfully captured equations for not-so-mathsy!  I feel like I can't tell you any more or it'd spoil all the fun.  I don't think she's written anything that hasn't made me smile at some point through the book, and another perk is that she's a contemporary author & will hopefully publish many more titles in her lifetime.  She's got some fun things on Youtube as well.

Onto a few others "Pop! The Invention of Bubble Gum" and "Children Make Terrible Pets."  I appreciate the undertones of persistence in the history of how bubble gum was created, and I was hooked by the creative premise of "Children Make Terrible Pets."  The concept of the book all started with a question his mom asked during childhood. Props to you Moms out there!




No comments: