Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thoughts on Disney

Whew ~ rolling off of a week's vacation and back into the swing of life at home!  Already facing decisions and loads of laundry, but still mindful of our exploration of new place with my family.  My proudest thoughts are of my mother-in-law who braved the "scariest" rides and recounted a California vacation with her flu-ridden widowed mother (not one of her favorite trips)!

Although the rides and relaxation of being at Disney were super, I really think my fondest memories will be the unscripted moments.  There was the passing of notes among family during the flight and a discovery of a pond and vegetation surrounding our resort during a mother-daughter scavenger hunt.  I was also introduced to the Cooking Channel (whoo hoo) during Sierra's sunburn recovery (the last day).

I enjoyed a great restaurant and beautiful oceanfront at New Smyrna beach. We had warm weather and the crowds were mounting for Memorial Day weekend as we left...which made us ready to say goodbye!  Now I come home with future trips on my mind...there's nothing like a little exploration to stir my desires, and although there are a few on the docket, I know summer will be a time of newness and following the Lord into His plans for our days.

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. 1 Cor. 13:12

No comments: