Search This Blog

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Humor for the Rough Times

This past month I've been thinking some about last year.  It was the most difficult year of my life thus far, and it has awakened me to pain, God's purpose in my life, and best of all - humor.

One of the key verses that helped me overcome my tears was, "A cheerful heart is good medicine," found in Proverbs.  We're talking 18 Kleenex a day for weeks and needing some sunshine in the rain!  As I was cleaning out my email, I found something I'd sent to myself, and it made me laugh again.

One night I had a nightmare, as a lot of times when I'm stressed, the nightmares will come.  However, we made light of this one.  If you know how much I hate all things medical, you will get my defining this dream as a NIGHTMARE!!!

So in this nightmare, I had to take a medical class. It was very hands on, and I got a package to use for this class.  Inside of the box were two sets of equipment.  One set of "tools" was for a puncture wound.  The other for a rectal exam.  I, of course, to avoid blood chose the rectal exam.

Chad said, "That's God's way of telling you it could be worse."

No comments: