Search This Blog

Monday, October 01, 2012

Welcome Home

I left Friday morning at 8:30 a.m. and arrived back home last night at 5:30 p.m.  It's been awhile since I've "retreated" for an entire weekend!  I was able to attend Moms in Prayer's "Come to Me" event in Alexandria, Minnesota on Lake Geneva.  It was beautiful there, but I was so blessed to see my family and be welcomed home.  I am basking in the randomness of a Monday with Andrew home sick, but have enjoyed his company (I flash back to four years ago when we had days at home as he was in preschool).  

Chad begins a new job at Reliamax on Wednesday.  I grabbed a few things the kids made for him from the boxes waiting to be transported.  Then I sorted through some business cards in my purse and ran by the website of an artist we'd admired while on vacation in Colorado.  Hi name is Michael Raaum and his style reminds me of my daughter Sierra's spacial use and color choices.  I hope she grows up to be a lot like him!  (see the photo in the gallery!!!)

Before I go, I just wanted to record my welcome home.  Andrew greeted me with open arms saying, "Mom, I missed you!"

Sierra prayed, "Thank you for Mom's safe trip home and that we can see her."  When I went to make dinner, Chad offered to cook up the macaroni & cheese.  I told him I could make it, and he said, "No. You can relax with the kids."  The kids said, "No...she hasn't cooked in awhile, she wants to do it!!!"
I think they may have missed my cooking too.

Wrapped up the evening with another Ken Davis comedy video.  Good thing he just released another one, cuz we've watched them all now!  Our favorite so far has been "Together Again."
Michael Rauum
Raymond's Garden by Michael Raaum

No comments: