Search This Blog

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Sioux Falls Gift Giving


Last weekend we sent off my Grandparents to Texas for the winter.  I'm hoping to convince my kids one of these years that we can travel south instead of doing gifts for the Christmas holiday.  So far they've been nixing that idea.  Speaking of gifts, Chad was able to put up a board and the dartboard from his Grandma Donna (below).  These are the kinds of presents that require some extra effort and investment, but if you get a system for keeping track of the pieces (aka dart x's 6) - it'll be fun for years. 



From us, my grandparents opened a book on CD (12 CDs in all!) to listen to on their roadtrip. I'll have to see if they liked it, and what it was called - as of course I can't remember.  I found it at Crossroads, which is now relocated by Camille's on 41st Street. 

Chad and I were trying to think of what business should move into their building behind Kohl's.  Coffea was so packed the other day I'm thinking if there were a ton of sofas and expensive beverages, that the space could easily be a great hangout before or after a holiday shopping trip. 

Now for a real Christmas gift idea, Sioux Falls has a honey producer that makes varieties such as whipped raspberry honey, and my kids' favorite is the cinnamon combo.  I've purchased it at Pomegranate Market in Sioux Falls, buying after we'd sampled it one afternoon.  Think about pomegranate, by the way, there are two "e's" at the "ends" and two "a's" in the middle.  It's a tricky one to spell, so this is going to be my crutch from here on out!

Deuteronomy 8:7-9

7 For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills; 8 a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey; 9 a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.

Psalm 84:11  For the Lord God is our light and protector.  He gives grace and glory.  No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right.

Find "Open my Hands" by Sara Groves for encouragement tied to these scriptures.

No comments: