Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dragon Babies

Olana started working about a month ago on a project where she created a dragon based on its individual traits, identifying if they were dominant or recessive.  She was having a ton of fun, and even Andrew started drawing dragons with her.  To culminate the project, Olana's teacher paired up a female and male dragon as parents, and had them look at their traits to draw a new dragon.  I noticed Olana's maternal instincts were already in peak performance.  She said, "It turned out to look like me because all my traits were dominant," (of course with a huge smile and puffed out chest).  The boys were talking about their partners on the way out to flags yesterday, and her partner was saying how Olana did the drawing and he was going to color it.  I asked if I could see the picture again.  When I looked I noticed one trait that I thought didn't look like something Olana would choose.  So I said, "Who's trait was that?" out of curiosity.  "Mine," he said.  Of course, the heart of the dragon is pure gold, and God's just having fun with the traits!  



Job 10:10-12 


 10 Did you not pour me out like milk
       and curdle me like cheese,

 11 clothe me with skin and flesh
       and knit me together with bones and sinews?

 12 You gave me life and showed me kindness,
       and in your providence watched over my spirit.



www.easyreadingpicks.blogspot.com

No comments: