Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Chad's Words of Wisdom

Yesterday Chad worked at home, a rare luxury, but appreciated when my van was getting its remote start installed (his Christmas surprise)!  So I was telling him that I thought a small bowl of ice cream would perk me up. He looked at me and said, "Honey, lets review."

"First you had a chai, and that didn't work," he said.

"Next you went to Taekwondo," he continues.

"And that didn't work," I say.

"Then you had some cookies, and that didn't work."

"Okay.  Okay.  I get your point,"  I say.  I proceed to go get the ice cream.  I had enough energy to accompany him to get the kids at school, run to a massage and get groceries.  Overall I really do believe that "Self indulgence is the enemy of gratitude," and "It's more blessed to give than receive," however yesterday I didn't fall on that side of life quite as much.  I just received, and sometimes that's good too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you, Jennifer! A massage sounds heavenly. :) And, so does that new remote starter! I could relate so much to this post. Why is it that those things (ie cookies and ice cream) never suffice and I always hope they will!