Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Post for the Kids


This post is in honor of some special children in my life.  I rarely will blog with their photos, because I like to reserve those for Facebook, but writing about their experiences just wouldn't be the same without a couple of pictures!

My first kudos is to my oldest daughter Olana.  I appreciated her role as Wendy in Peter Pan because she is the big sister in our family, and it wasn't much of a stretch to play a wanna-be mother.  As I watched her quiet presence, it really reminded me of how beautiful the supporting role is in life.

Sierra & Andrew had the most fun with helping Olana. Sierra definitely was the best to work through the lines from Peter Pan and could have easily subbed in for almost any part (but thankfully everyone made it). The performances were the most I'd ever seen Andrew sing and Sierra kept up her energy, minus one big yawn at the end!  Our neighbor Mary Elizabeth was so cute and sweet - very proud of the kids and loved the mermaids as well.

It is already sad to be so close to the end of the school year.  Having a fifth grader, a third grader and a kindergartner, means that this is the only year they will all be together. (tears) With anything good, it's always hard to let it go, and await the next chapter, but at least I can trust that it will be surprising, challenging and rewarding...as known by how the journey's gone thus far.


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:27


www.easyreadingpicks.blogspot.com

No comments: