Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Life 96.5 Today

Suzanne Cheesman wrote this poem and shared it on Life 96.5 this morning.  My kiddos wondered why I was crying.  I called to tell her how surprising I found it to be, as well as to remark that I don't know how it is that after every stage of parenting, it's still so engrained in the brain. We really freeze in those moments and hang onto them.  I guess this is how good memories become a Mother's treasure. 

Proverbs 24:3-4 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

What happened to those little boys?
I only blinked one time.
Nearing Easter three years ago...
Guess I knew it was gonna happen
Growing up, it's not a crime.
Before I blinked I saw you boys,
Your ages five and three.
You can't be playing college ball--
You're still hitting off a tee!
And theres no way that you are dating,
We were just going to the park.
Do your girlfriends understand
You need to be home before dark?!
And now I hear you talking,
Someday you'll get engaged.
The next thing you will tell me is
You're room's been painted beige!
What happened to those little boys?
Well, they've grown to be great men--
And soon, my sons, you'll understand
When that cycle starts again.

No comments: