|Spicy Seed Mix (try topping a Cheese Ball!)|
Before I go on, I must give a big shout out to Andrea Fabry and her work with MomsAware. I've learned a lot from her and appreciate her research.
It took a lot of convincing for me to change my ways, so I completely understand how important it is to know WHY!
Here are a few "takeaways" I heard:
* I learned how different foods interact with each other
* I found it helpful to learn peppers have more vitamin C than oranges
* It's interesting how apple cider vinegar aids in extracting minerals in broth
* I learned additional sources of Omega-3s
* Ideas to try for my son's breathing issues
As far as sampling goes, we ate:
* soup recipe with Lundberg's Tuscan blend (prior post)
* Earth Balance Creamy/Chunky Coconut Peanut Spread (prior post)
* Go Raw pizza and spicy flax snacks
* Go Raw pumpkin, apricot, spirulina and banana bread bars
* Ginger snaps, lemon & carrot super cookies, spicy seed mix (Go Raw)
When I asked what surprised them about the taste this is what I heard:
"The peanut butter is awesome. It's creamy and flavorful!"
"The peanut butter is a healthy alternative to traditional peanut butters as it doesn't sacrifice any taste!"
"I love the peanut butter."
And for Go Raw:
"I thought the seaweed (spirulina) was different and fun. I liked the ginger and lemon flavors most. I like the variety of tastes you can get - from sweet to salty!"
"I liked the ginger cookies and pizza flax snacks most."
"I enjoy the variety of snacks that contained flax."
Last, I was asked where I buy these products. In a crunch, I'll go to Pomegranate Market in town, or the Co-op (across town from me!). Typically though, I'll place a $49 order (with free shipping and two free samples) from Vitacost.com. The prices are roughly 20-40% lower than stores. We specifically discussed Coconut Oil, which is $20.99 for 54 fluid ounces.