Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

A Few New Tracks

Composers, writers, musicians, painters, etc.--they all have a challenge in bringing something unique and fresh to our eyes, ears, minds.  I would say these two CDs have their merits, and if you want to listen to something sweet & fun, find "The Juice" song by Applejaxx. It's out there online somewhere. When a grown rapper mixes lyrics about healthy eating, I'm all over that!
"Jesus High" from Applejaxx reminds me a lot of Beckah Shae's style, and the songs on "Everything in Color" by Ben Cantelon have a praise ring to them.  There weren't any tracks that really stood out for me, but overall I think Cantelon's music is soothing and something I could play on the IPod for awhile. 
 
Listening to Christian music is a way to connect to truth and stir our spirits.  These musicians have great opportunities to lead many in their praises and reflection with the Lord. Isn't it a blessing to see them using God's gifts for God's purposes?  Sometimes people have opportunities to deliver the life-altering messages of the bible. 
Do we always do these things under the Lordship of Jesus?  No. But the following verse was another pull for me back to the humility of true faith--a challenge to draw others and myself to the refining fire of a pure heart. I have a feeling that somehow this is what matters.

John 13:15-17

15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
 
I'm grateful for much of the creativity that gives God glory, but I'm thinking that heaven might be a tad more selective. Ultimately all the rewards and crowns we see bestowed on us in heaven we'll give right back to Jesus. He's going to be that awesome!  For now I continue to follow the leader the best I can...trying to maximize my strengths and others, realizing mistakes and restoration will be a part of this process, and sometimes seeing these little sprints completed and faithfulness rewarded.  I suppose these are some of the blessings John 13:15-17 is speaking of, and I suppose as I follow Him there will be more revealed, as I'm not going to learn all that much by walking the same paths God's already used to teach me. I hope it's the same for you. 
 

No comments: