Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Whose Hands?

Today I revised this poem to convey the same message it reflected a few years ago when I first read it.  I'm unaware of the author.

Whose hands?

A baseball in my hands is worth about $5.
A baseball in Alex Rodriguez' is worth 30 million.
It depends on whose hands it's in...
A basketball in my hands is worth about $50.
A basketball in Kobe Bryant's is worth about 52 million.
It depends on whose hands it's in...
A rod in my hands could keep away a wild animal.
A rod in Moses' hands will part the sea. (see Exodus 14)
A sling shot in my hands is a toy.
A slingshot in David's hands is a mighty weapon. (see 1 Samuel 17)
It depends on whose hands it's in...
Two fish and five loaves in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches.
Two fish and five loaves in Jesus' hands will feed thousands. (Luke 9)
Nails in my hands might produce a bird house.
Nails in Christ Jesus' hands will produce salvation for the entire world. (Mark 15)
It depends on whose hands they're in...
So put your concerns, your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your families and your relationships in God's hands, because it depends on whose hands theyre in.

1 comment:

Dan and Betty said...

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Dan