Search This Blog

Monday, November 06, 2006

Behind the Scenes - December's Santa Collector, Etc. magazine


From Sandy Christopherson's collection, these holiday Santa's show one of the metallic Santa's Sandy has found. The other is a decorated bobbin!

In one website, Reasonstobelieve.com, there are several different kinds of Santa's available. One that surprised me was a wood-carved Santa, as well as the Santa trivia and history.

These decorations are motivating me to start holiday thinking...shopping...and organizing! Yes, organizing. My favorite thing to do on that end is to make a spreadsheet, keeping track of the gifts I've found. Then, I can refer back to an individual to see how I'm doing on their gift collection, making sure it's varied and there are some unique items. We are having an early celebration with my Snowbird grandparents (they jaunt down to Texas every winter) in two weeks. That gives me an excuse to start early, and I'll take it--that's for sure!

No comments: