Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2007

7, 5, & almost 3


We've been finding a lot of books we've really enjoyed lately. From popularity for my oldest to my youngest, ages 7, 5, and almost 3...these three books represent one for each child.


There's a jewelry tree given at a birthday party in Winnie & Ernst by Gina Freschet...I won't ruin the surprise of how it's made!
How I Spent my Summer Vacation by Mark Teague uses rhyme and it is very well done. It takes a creative spin on what summer break can entail (as demonstrated by the cover).
Normally I am very tired of hearing authors make up new words and using little sound bites, but not with Chicky Chicky Chook Chook. We read this with a classroom of three-year-olds and they were giggling away. My son loved it at least 7 times! I had to keep reading it just to hear him attempting the new sounds he heard. The talent of Cathy MacLennan goes even further with illustrations briming with imagination and texture!

No comments: