Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hey, Jealousy...


My summer's study of "A Heart Like His" is knocking out some tinges of jealousy that were small, but I learned a few truth-filled verses that packed a much-needed punch. I say small, in some ways to make it feel easier to admit, yet knowing that without attention, these are the kinds of things we can allow to grow deeper roots and MAN, weeding is NO fun! Especially when it's hot and humid! So I'm making myself accountable to the fact that pulling out those eye-sores when they're small and the weather's temperate, because it's beneficial when pressure rises and at the core I'm cool.  

So, for all intensive gardening purposes (in a spiritual sense, most definitely)...this is the verse that caught my attention.  

I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men? 1 Corinthians 3:2-4 New International Version  

This verse shows
me how worldly jealousy is (yuck)! And to gets me back to what I'm supposed to be doing, I remember it's God's strength and cultivating at work in me. This verse is the one I'm clinging to for round 7? (I'm not actually counting!!!)  

Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is 
serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. From the New American Standard Vs. 1 Peter 4:11  

My prayer now is for strength. It's amazing how much strength it really does take to do God's will and nothing else. But I have seen this glory, even if on a small scale, for following correction and speaking the truth in love. In time, His harvest will come.

No comments: