Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's the Little Things

This past summer we taught a Sunday School class at our church, and we took them through a video series called "A Reason for God."  It was the second time I'd been through it, and each session is thought provoking.  I've included the topics that are included below:

1. Isn't the Bible a Myth? 
2. How Can You Say There Is Only One Way to God? 
3. What Gives You the Right to Tell Me How to Live My Life? 
4. Why Does God Allow Suffering? 
5. Why Is the Church Responsible for So Much Injustice? 
6. How Can God Be Full of Love and Wrath at the Same Time? 

You can see my review of its content at http://easyreadingpicks.blogspot.com/2012/07/christian-resources-for-summer-12.html




At the completion of our last session, I referenced Galatians 6:6 with the class. 
It says, "Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor."  

We had four letters to mail.
Today I received his letter in reply.  

Today is also the birthday for the leader (shepherd) of this Sunday School class we were a part over the summer.  I called Lyle to tell him about the letter and wish him a Happy Birthday.  God's timing is perfect.  We can trust Him!  

Acts 3:19  Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

From this study, we are praying for those Tim Keller shared with and hope they will connect with a Christian church.  I appreciate their questions as over time, through faith, I know I "forget" the questions I grappled with before I gained a biblical understanding. 

If you are interested in Tim Keller's study, I would encourage you to order it through www.str.org (Stand to Reason), where the exchange will also benefit a Christian ministry. https://secure2.convio.net/str/site/Ecommerce/1583899502?store_id=1161



No comments: